Monday, February 22, 2010

Classes Day 1



So if the title didn't give it away today was my first day of classes. Sounds like it should be a boring post, but it definitely was not a boring day...probably actually the most stressful day since I've been here.
I woke up at around 11 which was very nice to actually sleep in. I thought I was meeting my friends at the St. Placide metro stop to get our pass navigo for the metro. Unfortunately I hadn't checked my facebook yet so I showed up at the station just to find out they weren't there. They were actually meeting some where else. I just started wandering around the streets of the six arrondissement to try and find my school. I walked around for a while and after a long period of time I went straight to panic mode. Instinctively I called my dad and had him google map me to school. Of course an hour later when I got to school I learned that my class was in a building that isn't attached to the school. Once I finally got to class late I was able to sit down for a minute and breath...
WRONG it's very hard to zone out during these classes considering they are all in French, French that I can barely understand. I know she mentioned something about Ancient Greek, and Ancient Rome (what's up jori!) but I really missed all the details. The class I had today was called L'Europe Hier et Aujourd'hui (Europe yesterday and today) and its goes from 14-17 (2-5). The three hours went by actually pretty quickly because I was trying to focus really hard on the French, I didn't succeed.
After class a bunch of us met up in the school courtyard and all had errands to run. My errands consisted of eating (if you know me you know how big of a struggle that is). We wend to my favorite crepe stand and I got a crepe with nutella and bananas tres delicieux!! After some refueling I went to the phone store to try and figure out a French phone (failure) and then walked around the street St. Michele with some friends to explore a little bit. We ended up at a Monoprix, my first Monoprix experience. It was great, it's a store kind of like Target that has everything you could've ever asked for (besides hair straighteners). I bought toothpaste.
It was already around 8 already so we found a metro and all went our respective ways home. I also got my Navigo pass which was exciting.
I hope everyone is having a much less stressful day than me!!

1 comment:

  1. ahhhh ash call me next time! i can help you with all of that b/c i've done most of it (navigo/phone etc.) here's my french number 06 38 51 45 31 or email me! see you tonight hopefully!

    ReplyDelete