Sunday, February 28, 2010

This has been the longest time I have gone without posting on my blog! I am so sorry I just really wanted to make a long interesting post but I didn't have anything to exciting going on in one day. Let's start with Thursday. I've learned that I am going to dread Thursdays and Fridays. Thursday I start with class at 11:30am and then go till 5:00pm with a half hour break for lunch. But during that break a bunch of us have to run over from the IPP school to the Institute Catholic. In the morning my class was L'Espaces Parisian. It's basically a Paris geography and literature class. Then in the afternoon I have the equivalent of my French lit 2 class from 2-5. It is very brutal. After class on Thursday though I went to the grocery store and got some noodles, cheese, and a croissant. I went home and got ready and then went straight over to Lauren's to make some dinner. The wheat noodles were delicious! After dinner I went out with Lauren and her roommate Emily. We went to this place called Cite U ( I took the tram for the first time to get there, who even knew there was a tram in Paris!). It is in northern Paris and it is this giant campus that have different dorms of different students from all over the world. We went to the USA dorm and I was able to meet some of Laurens friends. We hung out there for a little while and then went to a bar called Cafe Oz. If the name didn't give it away it was an Australian themed bar. There was a lot of dancing. I had a lot of fun with Lauren and Emily but didn't really know anyone else who was there. At around two we ended the night and all shared a cab ride home. I had already been up so late so I decided to stay up another hour to watch American Idol live and see John Park make it into the top 20!!

On Friday I had another very long day of classes. At 12:00 I had my theater class till 1:30 and then had a phonetics class at the Institute Catholic at 2. So we all had to make a very mad dash to the cafeteria and then to find our class room. The phonetics teacher is pretty funny and it's the only class I don't have homework in hence it is my favorite class. After class I came home again and got ready because Emily Rein had just come in town!! I met Emily, Amanda, Julie, and Becca at a metro stop in little Tokyo. Then we went to a Chinese restaurant where I had some fried rice. Don't worry mom I did ask for some poulet (chicken) with it but they only had pork, so I opted no to the protein. After a very greasy dinner (but very delicious) I went back to Julie and Amandas and we got ready to go out. The goal of the night was to go to a bar so we went to rue de lappe (a street that has a lot of bars). All the bars looked very full and kind of creepy so we ended up just getting some nutella banana crepes. We sat down to eat and realized that we didn't care to go to a bar, we really just wanted to spend the time catching up. We walked from the Bastille to my apartment then stood in the lobby of my apartment for an hour and a half and just talked. It was really nice catching up and seeing Emily. It's crazy knowing that she has been in Barcelona for two months, and I am just approaching week two in Paris.

On Saturday a bunch of us went to Mortmarte. There are really only two things to do there, see the Sacre Cour, and see the Moulin Rouge. We hit up both those tourist spots.
The Sacre Cour was very beautiful and very high up so we were able to see an awesome view of Paris.
The Moulin Rouge was much smaller than what it seemed to be in the movie but it still made me feel like watching the movie and I still was glad to see it. It started out as a beautiful sunny day but the more we walked the colder it got. We couldn't figure out anything else to do so we cut the day short at around 4 and I went home and took a nap.




I wasn't planing on doing anything too exciting at night, but I ended up calling Caroline and she lives right by the Eiffel Tour so that's where I got to go! Me, Caroline, Erin, and Erin went to go see the Eiffel Tour. Even though it was pouring rain and freezing cold it was still absolutely amazing. Every hour it starts lighting up for five minutes which so cool to watch. I cannot wait to go back when it's nice out and actually climb it. After the Eiffel Tower we went to a little cafe and I had some crepes for dinner and we just all sat around and talked. It was a pretty fun Saturday night.








This morning I woke up numerous times to loud banging noises coming from outside. It turned out the wind was so strong it was knocking things over left and right. When I finally woke up for the day, I was leaving my house and my host mom gave me fair warning to be careful cause it's so windy. She was right. I left to go to the McDonalds by school. Why you ask? It has wifi and a bunch of people from my group came and we were trying to figure out spring break and other travel plans. As of now it seems that spring break will consist of Italy and Greece. I am so excited it is just so stressful figuring out actual plans, booking flights and hostels, and trying to find weekend that fit. After Micky Dee's I came home and just did some homework, showered, and skyped a little bit. It was a nice relaxing Sunday, which is good fuel to make it through this upcoming long week of classes.

I hope everyone had a great February! I can't believe it's March!!

No comments:

Post a Comment