Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Little Taste of Home


As my title says so far this week there have been pieces of home coming up in my daily Paris life, and I'm loving it! On Monday I lounged around till 2:00 for History class. That class really was my favorite from the beginning but it is definitely not holding my interest any more. After class I went with Collie and Maya to Monoprix to run some errands and then I just came back home. I was really exhausted from Berlin. I tried meeting up with Lauren but I went on the wrong metro and then just got confused. I went home to just relax and try and go to bed early. Not quite successful but that's alright.

I couldn't sleep the night before cause I was so excited for Tuesday! That's because Tuesday was when Jen was coming to visit! I woke up super early, caught up on some American television then headed over to the Notre Dame at around 11. I did some homework over there and then met up with Jen at 12:30. We had a really great day of sightseeing. We started at Notre Dame, and did the quick walk through. Then we met up with Lauren and we walked down Saint Michele. We went to my favorite crepe stand where coincidentally class was ending for all my friends so Jen litterally met all of them at one time. A little overwhelming but then we bought our banana and nutella crepes and that made everything all better. We took our food up to the Terrace of my school building (a place I just learned today was off limits for non residences of the dorm). I showed her the beautiful view and we just sat up there and talked for a while. After that we walked through the Jardin du Luxombourg and then I showed her my other school. We hopped on the metro and went over to the Champs Elysee. We walked down it and saw a weird fashion show/music playing thing over at sephora. Only in Paris ha. Then we walked towards the Arc de Triomphe and climbed the 284 steps to the top. Exhuasted we enjoyed the view and took plenty of pictures. After that we went over to Julie and Amandas. After happy hellos and catching up we went to dinner, where at you ask? another crepe place of course. I never thought I would admit it but I was definitely a little creped out by the end of the day. I then went home and got ready to go out. I went back to Amandas and then we went over to Adam's apartment to be with Jen. We were attempting to go to Duplex (my first time!) but they wouldn't let us into the club, bummer. The rest of the night I would rather not discuss.


Wednesday I woke up late and quickly ran to get ready for class and ran there. I ran into Caroline in the metro! That never happens. We were both exhausted from our previous nights so we weren't as excited to see each other at the time. I had theatre class, nothing special. I usually sit in front but I was not feeling that today, I sat in the back and didn't pay attention at all...oops. After class I met up with Lauren and Erin, Beth and I all went for gelato! We went to the Jardin du Luxembourg to eat it and talk. Afterwards we walked Lauren to school and then ran a few errands. Then while walking I ran into Caroline again! The four of us went to starbucks and tried to plan spring break...Greece and Italy here we come!!-maybe. After that I came home for dinner with my host mom and then found myself writing this blog.

I didn't post my blog till Thursday night so I have another day to add! Wednesday night was awesome because I got an email saying my Thursday literature class was canceled! I woke up early and went to Espaces Parisian in the morning. After class me and Maya went over to an Italian restaurant and had some pizza and then got some gelato. After lunch I ran some errands with her, and then I went over to the Institute Catholique. I was waiting for Erin's class to finish because me, Erin, and Beth decided to go to Erin's house for dinner. Her host family is out of town so we made noodles at her place. It was a good dinner and then I had people to walk with to the play for Theatre. We saw the show, Fantasio. I was very exhausted and couldn't keep my eyes open the whole time, but from what I saw it wasn't too bad. I didn't understand much becuase it was in French. I came back home after the play and started majorly cleaning/packing for tomorrow.

My next blog title will be "A Big Taste of Home" because my family comes TOMORROW!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are cute! I am in your blog yay! You are in my blog that I am currently posting too FINALLY! Can't wait to meet your family!!

    ReplyDelete