Wednesday, March 3, 2010

No Pictures :(

So it's been a few days since I've posted. I've really been trying to avoid updating my blog because I haven't taken any pictures recently, and how exciting is a blog without pictures? My point exactly! Well I want to document my time here so pictures or no pictures I am updating. I also maybe don't want to read Acts I & II of a dumb play for literature class.

So where do I begin? Monday! I was so excited Sunday night because I knew I would be able to sleep in Monday. Unfortunately my room has a window, which has curtains that are made of see through lace. This means that whenever it is sunny out, I don't get much sleep. That's okay though I would rather miss out on sleep for good weather. So I woke up and then headed to our school cafeteria. There I met up with some friends for lunch before class. Then I had my European history class. I think it's safe to say that it is my favorite class at the Inst Catho. We watched these crazy movies that had remakes of prehistoric men running around. It was pretty entertaining. After class I walked around with Brian, Maya, and Mari for a little bit. We stopped in the Monop (a small division of the Monoprix-my favorite place ever!)and a had some snacks. Then we all had to make our way back home for dinners with our host families. I had a salad with my host mom for dinner and then just hung out in my room the rest of the night swamped with the homework I had due for the rest of the week. After a few episodes of the office later I was sound asleep.

Tuesday morning I was woken up again by the sun, but I really can't complain about that. I met up with Colie at the Marais at around 1:00. The Marais is in the 4eme and is the Jewish/up and coming hip area of Paris. I didn't realize but the Centre Pompidou is located there. It is absolutely the coolest most modern looking building I have seen. I was really excited to go, but then we realized it was closed for the day so I will have to venture over there another day. After walking around and seeing some amazing buildings we stopped for lunch at a boulangerie. I saw this thing that looked like Pizza so I thought I would try it out. After one bite I realized it was goat cheese and was sick for the rest of the day. Don't worry though I bought a pain au chocolate to get rid of the taste. After walking around the marais some more we ventured back over to Saint Michele (where the IPP school is) and went grocery shopping and book shopping. Groceries were a big success, books-not so much. We are all looking for the same books and they have to be a specific version and the bookstore only has so many of each copy. Whatever... Throughout the day we kept running into people from the trip, at this point it was just me, Beth and Colie. Beth was craving a crepe (rightfully so) so we went to our favorite crepe stand and then went to the Luxoumbourg gardens to sit and talk and relax. It was so beautiful out. We ran into Brian at the gardens. He wanted to go find cheap scarves so we walked with him over to Notre Dame, because oddly they have very cheap scarf stands over there, who wudda thought? After scarves we found a upscale pizza place for dinner. Erin, Kate, and Maya met up with us and I had some real pizza, and wine for dinner! Then I went home and skyped with the usual suspects.

Wednesday! Okay so I went over to the IPP school earlier than my class started and bonded with Sean a little bit (desperately needed cause he hates me!). Then I had theatre class, which is still quite enjoyable. After class I met up with a very exhausted Julie and we went to this diner called Breakfast in America. It was so nice to have a cheeseburger and french fries and order in English, and read the menu in English. We had a really good time catching up and I was happy she made it back safe from Sevilla. I told her I wasn't going to be able to hang out all day because I had homework. So what did I do...We ended up hanging out till 5. I walked back to my place from her apartment around 5. It was a very quick and enjoyable walk so I think I'm done with taking the metro over there. Then I came home and really was going to do my homework. But Caroline and Erin were online so I obviously had to discuss spring break with them! Greece and Italy here I come!!!! After a couple hours of that I actually did some homework!! Then I stopped to write my blog. Now I am just staring at the play in front of me not wanting to start. But sadly I have to :(

No comments:

Post a Comment