Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Giverny













A picture says a thousand words...but I thought I needed a few words to accompany my pictures in this post. This morning I woke up bring and early and met my friend Brian at the train station. Both anxious to venture out of Paris, we decided to go visit Giverny today. It was a short 45 minute train ride to Vernon from Paris. Once we got off the train it was freezing outside. Paris was beautiful out but I was not expecting this weather. There were shuttles that would take us from the train station to Giverny, but we decided that since it was only 3 miles away we would walk. The first four pictures are from our walk. A long hour and a half later we arrived in Giverny. Walking down rue de Claude Monet there are lots of small shops with artists showing off their works, and lots of little B&B's all over the place. Once we got to Monet's House we walked throught the gardens. There was the regular garden, then there was the water garden. They were both beautiful, but I liked the water better. This had the famous bridge from his famous paintings. After walking around some more we went to see his house. Nothing too exciting, pretty similar to the other author's house's I've seen. We had some time to kill before the shuttle (we weren't walking again) so we sat in the gardens and talked, and then went over to see his grave (the last pictures). The shuttle took up back to the station, then the train back to Paris. We met up with Maya for some Chinese food and she told us all about her Brussels and Amsterdam journies. I'm glad she had fun but I am so happy to have my roommate back. I'm sick of my host mom telling me I'm bad at French!! That's all for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment