Friday, April 9, 2010

Moving


I left you all hanging with Monday night. On Tuesday I had to say good bye to my family :( unfortunately they left at 8:00am, fortunately I didn't have to check out of the hotel room till 3:00pm. I just layed around and lounged all day. Then when I actually had to check out of the room I checked my bags at the front desk and just hung out in the lobby. I started to get very bored but I had a limited amount of time so I just walked up and down the Champs Elysee. It was a really beautiful day out. Then I made my way back to the hotel, ordered a coke, and just say on my computer at the hotel bar until 7. At 7 I started my trek to move all my stuff over to my new host families. I misread the times I was suppose to be there at and two hours later I came home to a very upset woman. I got there very late, and she missed a meeting or something like that. Great first impression right? Well I moved all my stuff inside and then she gave me a tour of the house. It is a two level apartment. Maya's room and my room are on the second floor and we have a bathroom to ourselves which is so nice. The people who live there are a couple in their 70's, but you would never guess that. The dad is very chill and relaxed and the mom is really go go go. It's a funny duo. They seem like nice people, they just don't like me haha. After getting settled I sat with Maya for a little and then did some homework and went to bed.

Wednesday I had theater class bright and early. The best part about my morning is that in my new house, located in the Latin Quarter, I am able to walk to school in the shorter amount of time it would've taken me to use the metro from my old place. Pretty cool. After an excillerating theater class I had to go to Maison Balzac (Balzac's House, an old writer we learned about in one of my classes) for extra credit. I got there, looked around, and then met up with Erin and Caroline for the rest of the afternoon. I think everyone in my program is just so exhausted right now. Next week is our eighth week of classes, which means mid terms and papers galore. We are all also dealing with registration and all the issues that come with that. And it's also been basically our two month point so we are all pretty drained, exhausted, and in need for new adventure. Hense why our afternoon consisted of walking around, window shopping, and just sitting at a cafe. I went home around 3pm and no one was home. I came upstairs and did some homework and checked back down a few hours later to say hello. When I came down it was just, Albert, the dad, and so I watched TV with him. We were watching the news, and I have no idea what was going on but it was still nice to watch some TV. Then Maya came home and we went up stairs. Andree, the mom, came upstairs with us. She looked at my pictures (she thought Hayley was a friend not a sister haha) and then started reading through my homework. She thinks I don't speak French so it's pretty awkward. Then she read my paper and told me how terrible it was. I wasn't too heartbroken because a) it's just extra credit and b) I was forwarned that the French do not sugar coat anything. As my self esteem was shot down the drain for the night, I read some homework and went to bed after that.

Thursday yet again more class. I had Paris class, which was enjoyable. We're reading this really depressing book though, so that makes it kind of sad. Then I had litt class. We watched a movie, and since the movie was so long she made us stay after class. Erin Caroline and I spent our time coming up with seven different ways to die in the class room. If you're interested ask Erin, she was the one with the mind sick enough to come up with that game haha. After class the three of us, and three other girls from the year long program went to happy hour. It was only a happy half hour for me because I went over the the Bastille to meet Julie for dinner. Very sad that we are now a metro ride away from each other. I really enjoyed being so close. Anyways I hadn't seen her in a while so that was nice. She is so tan, which makes me excited for Greece! We went to dinner at a small resturant and I got French onion soup. Then we headed our seperate ways and I came home for the night. More reasons why my host family hates me: I couldn't figure out how to work the key to get inside, my host mom thinks I'm nuts becuase I started to do my homework sitting on my bed and not at my desk so she freaked out and tried to find me a bigger desk and didn't understand that i liked being on my bed (my response was "Vous pensez je suis tres bizzare (you think i'm really weird)), and lastly I was skyping to loud and they came upstairs to tell me that. Awesome right?? Well at least there's only 72 more days till I go home! Peace out France, I'm Belgium bound for the weekend, meaning more exciting post to come!

<--My new desk
Closet and shelf space->

No comments:

Post a Comment