Monday, May 24, 2010

Lady Gaga and the Rest of Brian's Visit




The weekend started the more relaxing, less touristy part of Brian's visit. Saturday we went to the grocery store to get lunch food, and then met Erin Caroline and her visitors, Michael and Gavin, in the park with the waterfall for a picnic. The weather was so beautiful so we just hung around, ate some food, and relaxed for a while. Then we explored the bridge and waterfall area. After that we all went our separate ways because, Erin, Brian and I had to get ready for the Lady Gaga concert that night! At around 6 we met up with Erin and Tolbiac and from there went to Bercy, to go to the concert. There were a ton of people at the concert and even with our nosebleed seats we still had so much fun (Erin and I, not so much Brian). The show was really amazing and Lady Gaga loves Paris so she spoke in French at some points! After the show we bought shirts- to later learn the woman gave us the wrong shirts. Then we went back the hotel to drop our stuff off before meeting everyone else off. When we got there the man working at the front desk came up to Erin and I and asked if we could speak English and French to help translate with a woman who was being really uncooperative who didn't speak French. I guess this woman was placed in one room but then they realized she was actually in a different room, and she freaked out because she was being treated badly and she wanted to switch rooms. Remember this is 12am, where in the world was she going to go? She was using their land line to make a long distance call to expedia and after she wouldn't listen to us the man just unplugged the land line. This woman was being ridiculous but it was cool being able to be the middle man between French and English in the situation. Later we found out she ended up staying there for free from the hotel. After that fiasco we went to rue de Princess to try and find everyone else but the bars were packed from a soccer game earlier and we just were exhausted and decided to go home.

On Sunday Brian and I went to the Bastille market. We randomly ran into Lauren and her roommates there as well (not completly random because she loves it there). I got some dried bananas and strawberrys per usual. From there we walked over to the Marais and then walked over to Pomidou. We didn't actually go in the museum but the outside of it is so cool so I couldn't resist showing him it. We sat outside and talked for a while and then Erin Caroline and co. came and met us. Funny story, while we were sitting there Caroline got pooped on by a bird. Only her luck of course. We moved spots and then sat and all talked for a while. It was really nice and relaxing. Hungry, Brian and I left and headed towards the Latin quarter. We went to a fixed price resturant and got some French food. We walked around a little and went to a park by my house. There we ran into Maya, Sean, John, Alla and Pilar. We hung out with them for a little and then went to get gelato (once more I know). From there we went and walked down the bridge with all the love padlocks and then sat and talked along the Seine. Maya called me and said some people were meeting up to go play mafia so Brian and I wandered over to that area. After some succesfful games (meaning I was the mafia and I won!) it was getting dark out so Brian and I headed out.

This morning bright and early I took him to the airport and said some teary eyed good byes. I felt dumb being sad considering I go home in LESS than a month, 27 days to be exact, but we still had such a fun week and with him leaving I have to go back to my usual Paris routine. I had an amazing week that flew by way to fast and I hope he did too. Right now I am laying in bed. We have no school today and with the weather being so nice my allergies are killing me so I can barley go outside, and from all the walking my feet are callused over so the best place for me right now is defintly my bed! But tonight I am going to a Lost party and there's a lot of other fun stuff planned for this week. I just need to rest up today and then get ready for the crazy stuff about to go down for next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment