Thursday, May 13, 2010

Lazy Lazy Week

I have so much stuff going on from tomorrow and here on out that that this week was just super lazy/homework filled and kind of boring. On Monday I woke up and had class. We learned about WWII in history which is always an interesting subject. It was very different hearing it from the European point of view. After history Maya and I went home to make Macaroni and Cheese!! That clearly means I was super full and super tired the rest of the night. The night consisted of homework/facebook/skype the usual.On Tuesday I had no class and I really was going to wake up early and go do something, but I just couldn't. I have so much sleep deprivation here I just couldn't do it. I stayed home all day and did lots of homework. I am trying to get all my work done so when Brian gets here next week I have no homework to do. I left mid day to grab a bite to eat and then went back and did more work. At night I had a long host family dinner that lasted till 10 and by that point I was exhausted and went to sleep. Please factor into my laziness that Paris has been absolutely freezing and rainy this entire week, and Tuesday was one of the worse days of it.Wednesday was a little more exciting. I had theater early in the morning. In theater we had to read an excerpt from a play out loud and our teacher picked who would play the two parts of the play randomly. Somehow I was picked to play both parts so that was a great way to start my morning. After that I went with Beth and Brian to Musse D'Orsay to see the Crime et Chatiment exhibit for Paris class. Usually doing things for class is a drag but this exhibit was awesome! It had all different types of paintings, sculptures, drawings and even a guillotine that represented the crimes throughout the ages. It was a very interesting exhibit and I am very glad I went. I only have to write a two page paper on it but I feel like I would be able to write a lot more on it. After the exhibit I walked around with Beth and Brian and then I went home at around 4:20 to babysit! I was babysitting my host parents grandson Ashille. He is absolutely adorable and 2 years old. He is so full of energy so he's really fun to play with. About 20 minutes into babysitting my host mom came home with Alma, his one year old cousin. She was sick so my host mom had to take her to the doctor. I stayed downstairs with the three of them and helped watch the little ones. I had a blast but at the end of the 2 hours I was completely exhausted. I took a quick nap and then had host dinner again. Both nights it was just my host mom, Maya and I so we had some long conversations and lots of food. Then I did some homework and went to bed.
Today was a French holiday so school was canceled. It was great not having class today. I watched TV and did some homework in the morning. I met Erin at the train station to buy our tickets for Bordeaux at 2 and at 3 we met up with Caroline at Angelina's. We got some hot chocolate and pastries. I got a Mont Blanc. It is a pastry they are famous for. It kind of looks like a cup cake but its made out of a meringue, whipped cream, and almond paste. It was good but after two bites it became too rich, kind of like their hot chocolate. After that we went to Zara, shopped around for a little and then I walked home. We met up again at 7:15 and went to go see the movie "New York, I Love You." It was a remake of the film "Paris Je t'aime" which I absolutely loved a few years ago so I was very excited to see it. The movie was a bit bizarre but I liked it. After that I went home and made some noodles for dinner. I was lonely during dinner so I brought my computer down and me and Daniel skyped through my meal. It was just like we were eating dinner together. Now I am just trying to stay up as late as possible so I will be very tired for the long overnight bus ride to Amsterdam tomorrow night! I will definitely have a more interesting post for this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment