Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Concerts and Cathedrals



Only half way through the week and it's been exciting already. I woke up Sunday around 6pm and Maya and I went to get some pizza and gelato for dinner. Then we headed back home and worked on our take home test for history till very early in the morning. On Monday I woke up early and walked around the St. Michele area for a little while. I had a few errands to run and my history class was at the Hotel Cluney-Museum of the Middle Ages. I got there an hour early so I sat outside in the court yard of the museum reading until class started. Once our teacher got there she told us that the tour guide was sick so we were going to be using audio guides to look through the museums ourselves. We walked around the museum for an hour and then all decided to go home. Pretty good break from our usual three hour class. Maya and I headed home after to relax for a little and make dinner. We made mac and cheese for dinner and Georgia came and sat with us while we ate. At 6 we had to head out because we were going with some other people in our program to the Coeur de Pirate concert. She is a singer, kind of similar to Sara Bareillis type music, from Canada. She looks exactly like Taylor Swift too. My friend Kate had bought the CD a few weeks earlier so I downloaded it and was familiar with some of the music. The concert was really great and so was her music. In the middle of one song this guy came out to sing a duet with her and the audience freaked out. We found out that the guy was named Julien Dore, and he was the winner of La Nouvelle Star, the French version of American Idol a few years ago. She also had 3 encore performances. All and all it was a lot of fun. After the concert we all went to get gelato and we just hung out for a little while until everyone parted ways back home.

Tuesday was pretty boring- not by choice- just by allergies. I slept in till around 1. Then I left the house, bought a bag of chips and went to go sit in the park to read for a little. Before long I couldn't stand my allergies at all so I had to go back home. It was a pretty big bummer. I came home, dealt with my host mom yelling because the bathroom was a mess, and then went back to sleep for a few hours. I woke up again and had host dinner. Then I stayed up for a little while longer, watched some TV, and tried to get to bed early.

Now we have today. I had theater this morning which is always a riot. After class Rydberg Beth and I walked over to Rue de Rennes to do some shopping. They both had a ton of luck at H & M, me not so much. That's okay, if I buy anything else I won't be able to zip my suitecases. At around 2:30 Diane joined our group and the 4 of us took an hour long train ride the Chartres France. It's a pretty small city, with a massive beautiful church in the middle of it. The church was beautiful but it would've been a lot nicer if it wasn't so rainy and gloomy out. Then maybe we could've actually seen the stained glass. Regardless it was still an adventure. We walked around the town for a little longer and then hopped back on the train to Paris. Once we arrived I went home and we all had host dinner again. After dinner I watched the season finale of Glee- which was stellar- and now am just procrastinating for my final for tommorow. Time to start studying!

No comments:

Post a Comment