Sunday, June 13, 2010

Visitors and Nightclubs





Thursday started out as a typical day. I headed over to my Paris class first. We talked about our exam and got our poems back- always fun receiving grades. Then I went to Lit. We had our final exam in lit Thursday. Our first exam was really easy, everyone did really well, and it consisted of questions such as "which character did you like the most/hate the most?" She takes the first hour of class to review the test and then the last hour and a half we take the test. No one was too concerned about the finale. Suddenly she hands it out and all our faces drop. It was about greek myths, psychology of characters, and all this other random stuff that we had no idea about. Everyone just started writing aimlessly, and for me I hope that my nonsense answered meant enough to her to get a decent grade. Needless to say no one was very happy after leaving that exam. After class I met up with Brian, Rydberg, and Krista. We all walked over to my area and met up with Georgia and Maya and we all went to dinner. Dinner was fine and long, and about 2 hours later we parted ways. We all had to get ready because a ton of people in my program were going out to a night club called Mix tonight. It is free for international students on Thursdays so why not. We all met up at Tolbiac at around 9:30 and then all left together for the club. When we got there it was absolutly empty so we danced around all with ourselves. It filled up fast though. It was a really fun time, and even though it was one of my last times going out in Paris it was better late than never to try a night club. I left with Maya and we took the metro home and got home at about 2am.

On Friday I started my day with theater, which is usually a very enjoyable class. We were getting our grades back on our oral presenation and our papers- not a big deal right? Our teacher insisted on reading his comments about everyone's paper outloud and then annoncing to the entire class how everyone did. No one did worse than a B+ on either assignment but it was still pretty nerve wrecking and embarassing. I have never had a teacher do that before, and I was not happy about that. After theater I had phonetics. We had our pop final exam last week so who knows what we did in class Friday. She had to kill an hour so she gave us this ridiculous assignment. We had to come up with 20 words that were similar in sound but differentiated with a L sound or an R sound. It was really dumb, and not easy. That was another class we walked out of stunned. Caroline and I met up with Erin to go get dinner after class. We first went to a big mall called Le Bon Marche because I needed to return something (I learned I couldn't do it there) and then we went to H&M which was closing so I didnt have time to buy anything there either. After failed shopping attempts we went to the Chinese place for the last time. Next Chinese food will be Tongs! Thank God!! I went home after that and was going to go out but it started raining and plans got ruined so I just stayed in and hung with Georgia and Maya and played some bananagrams.

Satruday was Georgia's last day so she said good bye to us Friday night. The only thing we had to remember her was her pastrys- wait no, our host mom brought all the pastrys she made over to her office so we didnt have any. Maya and I went over to the Rivoli area to go suvenir shopping. I bought some posters, magnets, shot glasses, the usual souvenirs to remember by trip in Paris. We walked around for a while until I got a text from Nikki saying her and her family arrived to Paris! Maya headed home and I walked over to the Champs Elysee to find their hotel and meet up with her family. It was so good to see her. I went with her family over the the Arc de Triomphe so they could buy there museum passes. Then we walked down the champs and they were hungry so they had their first pain au chocolates and croissants at a near by Paul. After that Nikki and her sister Jackie wanted to shower and relax a little so I went with them to their hotel room just to hang out. Then I went to dinner with there family at a resturant off the champs which was really nice and really fun. Then we walked back around and Nikki Jackie and I walked over to the Eiffel Tower. We met up with Carolie (and her sister and friend), Erin, and Rydberg. The group of us just sat down for a while and hung out on the Trocadero gardens by the Eiffel tower. Then Nikki and Jackie went home and the rest of us went to rue de Soif to temple bar. It was packed because of the soccer games and I really started to not feel well due to allergies. I was only there for about an hour before I headed home for the night. Tried to get a good night sleep but my stuffy nose kept me awake all night.

Today I wanted to go to the Bastille Market for the last time. Unfortunately I wasn't feeling too hot when I woke up so staying in bed seemed more appealing. I can't wait to go home and hopefully there wont be so much pollen in the air making me miserable. I left the house for a little while to get some tea and a muffin at a little cafe near me. Maybe you've heard of it- starbucks? I know, I'm so not Parisian but starbucks is always a safe bet. I sat there for a while studying for my finals next week. It started to get chilly out so I headed home and just sat with Maya for a little. Now I am just updating this post before going back to reading. I am going to see Sex and the City 2 tonight with Erin and Caroline for a study break as well. Time to start celebrating my last week in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment